Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Individual Sites Adsense Earnings

Looking through this site's traffic sources stats just now, I noticed that somebody found this site by using the search term "highest adsense earning sites." Now I don't know if they were looking for personal sites or sites like online writing sites that they could join.

Read Write for Money on a Writing Site or On Your Own Site? (an article on this site) to see why I generally prefer writing for my own sites when it comes to making money online from writing. I do also write a bit for online writing sites though, and cannot yet make up my mind if I should try spend more time on it, or less time. In other words I'm not really all that happy with the earnings I've so far made from online writing sites, and I am unsure if it is worth the risk of spending time doing it more just to find out if it will eventually work for me - because while I devoted more time to online writing sites, I will have far less time available to increase my Google Adsense earnings on my own sites - which are so far earning me a higher Google Adsense income, by far.

My sites that earn me the most Adsense income are the sites where I have a domain registered and the site is hosted. My unique domain name own sites. Although Tony and I do offer domain registration and website hosting services, no, I'm not trying to sell you any of our services. I'm just telling you like it is, for me - it may be different for you - perhaps you are doing, or could be doing, very well indeed with free to join online writing sites or totally free sites like this Blogger blog you're on now.

This page will also serve as something for me to look back over, in time, to see how my individual sites' earnings are improving or are doing (compared to how they were doing now).

Adsense earnings of our various sites, over the last 4 months (Jan 2011 to April 2011):

1pic4twenty.co.za
Jan R342.70 (currently about $52.08 or 32.22 GBP)
Feb R511.50
March R520.63
April R492.53 (currently about $74.85 or 44.86 GBP)

Use a currency converter to check current exchange rates.

Average monthly Adsense earnings over the past 4 months = R466.84 x 12 to get a rough idea of Adsense earnings for the whole of 2011 = R5 602.08

My hosting and domain registration costs of this site for 2011 = R553. (or $84.05 or 50.38 GBP)

Profit of Adsense earnings from this site for 2011 = R5 049.08 (or $767.48 or 46.01 GBP)
(more than 9 times my yearly money investment.)

workfromhomeideas.co.za
Jan R335.22
Feb R330.46
March R476.73
April R455.28

Average monthly Adsense earnings over the past 4 months = R399.42 x 12 to get a rough idea of Adsense earnings for the whole of 2011 = R4 793.04

My hosting and domain registration costs of this site for 2011 = R313. (Would have been slightly less, but I added a blog to the site 2 months ago, needing more hosting space, so it pushed my hosting cost up.)

Profit of Adsense earnings from this site for 2011 = R4 480.04
(more than 14 times my yearly money investment.)

onlinefleamarket.co.za
Jan R24.11
Feb R59.78
March R59.45
April R124.08

Average monthly Adsense earnings over the past 4 months = R66.85 x 12 to get a rough idea of Adsense earnings for the whole of 2011 = R802.20

My hosting and domain registration costs of this site for 2011 = R313.

Profit of Adsense earnings from this site for 2011 = R489.12
(more than 1 and a half times times my yearly money investment.)

makemoneywritingonline.co.za
Jan R72.90
Feb R3.05
March R62.47
April R42.61

Average monthly Adsense earnings over the past 4 months = R45.25 x 12 to get a rough idea of Adsense earnings for the whole of 2011 = R543.

My hosting and domain registration costs of this site for 2011 = R193. (I may add a blog to this site but not just yet, as that would increase my cost of R193 per year to R313 per year.)

Profit of Adsense earnings from this site for 2011 = R350.
(more than 1 and a half times times my yearly money investment.)

It is obvious to me, from the above calculations, that I need to add quite a bit more content to those last two sites - and also work more at marketing the sites.

I have a few other sites too, but they're either too new to include in this report just yet, or I have not yet had the time to add lots of articles to them. I'm not reporting on my overall Adsense earnings from all my sites here, or the costs of all my sites here, just individual sites.

I sometimes take a chance at getting a new site live on the Internet before I have much content to add to it, just so that it's there to tempt me to add content whenever I get the chance. This may not always be a good thing to do, because then the cost of all the domain registering and hosting of different sites adds up, and I don't always have the time to often write and add new articles to all my different sites, but it's my choice - and I can afford to risk making these choices only because some of my older sites are already doing reasonably well with Adsense. (Pleasing results, but not yet money to live on - I do other work to cover basic monthly living expenses, like freelance web design and writing, but hope to one day have my Adsense earnings be and mean more to me than just an extra income.)

For your interest, the Adsense earnings of this totally free (no domain registration and site hosting costs) Blogger blog over the last 4 months:

makemoneyuseinternet.blogspot.com
Jan R25.13
Feb R41.42
March R52.06
April R36.72

Note that further above I said yearly money investment - the only costs are domain registration, hosting, and having a computer and Internet connection, BUT there is also the cost of time and effort - writing and adding articles to my sites, and marketing the sites, even if I use free methods to market the sites, it still takes time and effort.

Overall?

I am currently earning about R1 200 per month (or $182.38 or 109.33 GBP) from Adsense (R14 400 per year) but then need to deduct my costs from that - I still make a profit, but the profit can be greater the more time and effort I put into this little money making project of mine.

So, my Adsense earnings may not seem wonderful after all, but I am still making a profit, plus get to advertise services I offer, on my own sites (so, essentially, my profit after costs of domain registration and hosting are not just from Adsense), and am also able to link my sites to each other, easily creating backlinks to all my sites. I can also consider offering direct advertising on some of my sites, or add some affiliate program ads too.

You can see a break down of which other sites (besides my own) my April 2011 total Adsense earnings of R1 297.68 (or $197.71 or 118.53 GBP) came from on this page of my Work From Home South Africa blog - a blog that is part of the Work From Home Ideas website I gave the earnings of further up in this blog post. You can also see a list of my monthly Adsense earnings totals since I started with Adsense, here.

© copyright Teresa Schultz 2011


4 comments:

  1. I can't help but wonder if the "highest adsense earning sites" searcher found you through your (excellent) highest earning adsense click article? Could that be the case?

    I need to remind myself of the conversion rate for dollars and rand to properly understand your figures, which I plan to do next! (I have only just got used to no longer valuing things in UK pounds and switching to US dollars!)

    Paul
    http://mturkishdelight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, and thank you for the comment - I do appreciate the support.

    If you read through the post again, you'll notice I've made a few changes. I gave the current exchange rates for South African rands, $, and GBP here and there - hope that helps - I do remember to sometimes do this in my posts, but had forgotten for this one - meant to come back later, but forgot that too - thanks for the reminder! There is also a link to a currency converter I regularly use.

    Also added a new paragraph right at the end.

    I'm also going to do a quick post right after this as to some of the search terms that find this site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, if you show the rough conversion for one or two, I can guess the rest. I still think in pounds although I live in the USA! hehe!

    Your online flea market looks to be doing very well. My wife has an old post on her blog about flea markets and that always gets hits even though it's ancient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have ''dabbled'' with google adsense for 2 years with no luck. Probably a lot to do with my effort and choice of blog, but I have a question for you. How did you initially bring visitors to your site to begin getting hits? (social media?) 2 years and I'm still new at this stuff, but I enjoy it, any comment would be appreciated, or a visit to my blog-hehe. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Voice your opinion or ask a question!